HOW THE MILL WORKS: CYLINDRICAL GRINDING
The article describes how the mill works, in particular the cylindrical grinding.
After the grain has been cleaned in the mill (you can read about the cleaning here), the grinding of the grain begins. It is divided into 3 steps:
- Each grain breaks to ecstasize extract the endosperm;
- The sieve separate the flour from the intermediate products;
- It regrind the endosperm to turn it into flour.
The process is performed for a number of steps defined by the grinding diagram. That is the representation of the flow of all the processes to which the various products are subjected inside the mill.
Grinding in the rolling mills
Milling in a cylindrical mill is carried out by rolling mills. These machines have inside them cylinders that go to work on the grain.
Roll mill perform very different functions. They are distinguished by:
- “breakage” roll mills. They are located at the beginning of the process and have the function of breaking the grain. Use striped cylinders whose surfaces never come into contact. These are indicated by the letter B (from the French “Broyage”), followed by a serial number.
- “regrinding” roll mills. They are placed in the successive stages of the process, have the function of regrinding intermediate products. Inside, they use smooth and rounded rollers, whose surfaces can be in contact. It is indicated by the letter C (from the French “Convertissage”), followed by a serial number.
To learn more about grinding plants and mills built by Molitecnica Sud click here.
The grain begins its path in the mill entering the first breaking mill, from which it comes out in the form of a compound. The compressed air transport loads the product on a machine, called plansichter, which classifies the various components making it possible to select the flour.
Selection in the plansichter
The plansichter is a detaching machine whose inside are stacks of sieves superimposed, ordered according to the diagram diagrams. In each stack, the upper cuts have wider mesh veils. While the lower ones have narrower mesh veils.
To learn more about the plansichter made by Molitecnica Sud click here.
The lighter and larger fractions, i.e., the crustal layers, can be switched to storage silos, or they can remain in the process if you want to produce whole meal. While the finest and heaviest fractions are the flour, which comes out of the process to be sent to the silos.
From the intermediate part of the stacking stack, products that need further processing are produced.
These may be sent to rolling mills or grinding machines.
To learn more about the grinding machines built by Molitecnica Sud, click here.bakery, boulangerie, cereal, cereales, cereali, engineering, farina, farine, feedmill, flour, impiantimolitori, industrie, INDUSTRY, italia, italie, italy, mangimificio, metalmeccanica, metalwork, mill, molino, MOLITECNICA, molitecnicasud, moulin, panificio, pastamaking, pastificio, pates, silo, silos
News & Events 15.01.2020
News & Events 08.01.2020
News & Events 11.12.2019
News & Events 04.12.2019
News & Events 27.11.2019